DLR Institute of Transport Research
At the Institute of Transport Research, we are shaping the mobility of the future. We design systemic solutions that meet mobility and transport needs in a climate-friendly and socially responsible manner, while taking into consideration economic framework conditions. In doing so, we design means of transport, transport markets and offers as well as the space in which mobility and transport take place. We quantify and evaluate the effect of solutions with the help of models and simulations as well as in virtual environments, real laboratories and experimental spaces. We support our partners from industry and politics with concrete action steps.
Our research fields include:
- Studies on mobility and travel patterns for private households and companies
- Models for the representation and forecasting of regional transport demand in passenger and commercial transport
- Evaluation of technologies and methods
- Acceptance and market potential of electromobility in passenger and freight transport
- Interactions between information and communication technology (ICT) and mobility
- Urban mobility in a national and international context
We work closely with university institutions in both research and teaching. The Institute of Transport Research has built up a worldwide network through research collaborations and projects at national and international level. In doing so, we position ourselves strategically with regard to key trends such as the transportation transition, the requirements of the research market, and the latest technological developments.
For further information about our projects and work, visit our website.